Monday, May 9, 2011

1st Day in Taiwan


Everything in Taiwan is new to me.

It took me 6 hours of flight from Penang International Airport to TaoYuan International Airport.

It was so touching when I was stepping out the gate of the immigration office of the aiport, I heard my cousin sister shouted my name.

I turn around, oops, it's not around, I could figure out where she is in just a second. Then she was in front of me. She gave me a paper bag. I saw a cup of famous brand Pearl Mik Tea with half-cup full with pearls and 3 tea eggs!!! This is so amazing!! I thought I told her not to come to receive me, and she was there with my favorite foods!

Then I see Che Kai, my project team leader, a very tall guy with 188cm!! He wore the same colour shirt with mine, Red! He is as talkative as the time I was chatting with him online.

During the time we took the public transport to their National Chiao Tung Campus, we talked a lot. It was a very fun chat with him indeed!

We took a bus from the Airport to the HighSpeed TaoYuan Train Station, then we took a train to Hsinchu. We're able to meet another intern from Thailand, Le Hui. Had a very brief introduction with her.

After we went off from the train, we took free shuttle bus from the station to their campus.

From the drop off point, we still have to walk around 10 minutes to reach their campus.

Just imagine, we walked all the way long with 2 baggages!! Thank him a lot for this.

Well, after Che Kai and I met at the National Chiao Tung Kuang-Fu University Campus, we went to the dining hall nearby their hostels after he helped me to locate one of my BIG luggage into another AIESECer’s hostel room.

Then, I just carry my own “precious” bag containing laptops, money, etc and another bag which was draining out my energy for carrying all the way from the Southeast Asia part to East Asia. This bag is 8kg plus. I was quite stunned of the “accuracy” of my own home scale! It was only 7kg!

After we arrive at the restaurant, it was almost 6pm. I was carrying the 2 bags including the Pearl Milk Tea and the Tea eggs by my cousin sister. It’s too bad, I ordered a bowl of 炸醬麵 and it wasn’t really my food. One thing is the portion is big and I can’t finish it all. I was overwhelmed by the feeling of guilty for not finishing it.

After that we met Chen Chi (Jacky), my 1st interviewed EP. He was there by 6:30pm and another girl from Malaysia reached afterwards. She was accompanied by her TN Manager, her name is Ming Foong, from KL. I was so comfortable to speak with her with our own Malaysian accent Mandarin. From that moment, we started to become close friends and roommates immediately. You can’t imagine how fast it was!

A few AIESECers that showed up on that night are 志群 and 有志. Well, 志群 is Ming Foong’s TN Manager and 有志 is the author of the reception booklet. It was written well and detailed, especially useful for EPs.

Of course, we had chatted a lot and it lasted for hours. Till 8pm, Che Kai was off for his 火棍training. We switched our venue from the upstairs to downstairs. It left only 3 of us. We got online for a while (In fact it was only me to update in facebook that I had reached Taiwan, XD), Jacky and Ming Foong were there chatting. After that, Huai-Yu came to meet us after Jacky phoned her. Haha, she’s fast enough to reach there. We started to talk about the history of Malaysia and the different accent and language usage between both countries. It was again a very nice talk. (In fact, I really talked a lot! OMG~~)

It should be around 10pm if I’m not mistaken, 3 of them volunteered to carry my luggage to Mr. Song’s house. This is the place for me to stay for 2 days 2 nights before the departure to another part in Hsinchu for the real internship.

We walked for around 15 minutes with the damn heavy luggage as I saw Huai-Yu and Ming Foong took turn to carry the “food bag” and Jacky was pulling my BIG luggage which is also heavy enough. Thank you so much for carrying heavy baggage! I wouldn’t be that relax if you guys didn’t help me out. Luggage carrier: Che Kai, Chen Chi, Ming Foong and Huai-Yu. XD

After that we went for a sleep at 12am after a shower. It was quite weird that I didn’t feel any tiredness, and I forced myself to sleep. Zzz....


-To be continued-






2 comments: