Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 2 in Taiwan


It was 7am, Ming Foong and I woke up and we took a shower before going to meet up with Chen Chi at 9:30am at a bus stop in the Chiao Tung campus.

Before that, we went to 阿根早點for our breakfast. I love the 豬肉蛋堡so much! I did the right choice and it lightened up my day immediately. =)) It was NTD 30, which is RM3 equally to Malaysian Ringgit. Haha! It is my habit since I reached Taiwan. It just appeared automatically that I will convert it to one decimal place smaller.

After that, we decided to go the 7-Eleven shop in the campus. See, people have 7-Eleven in their campus!! There are all kinds of food….. It actually took us some time to decide which one to drink. Finally, we chose soya bean. I took the one which is made from golden (good quality) soya bean and Ming Foong bought a high fibre soya bean drink. We walked to the bus stop after buying the drinks. It was 450ml per package, costs only NTD 18!! OMG, we noticed only the serving is 450ml so it took us a long time to finish the drink.

After that, we went to the computer lab in the campus under the guidance of Chen Chi. Haha, they require a pass to go into the lab. By the way, it was nearly 10am. I did some facebooking (XD) and some blogging at the computer lab. It quenches my thirst of going online actually. However, I am more comfortable with my own laptop as I have a lot of installed softwares and got-to-used applications. XD Not to say I’m not grateful, but I’m just nagging… XD By the way, it was a very good experience to be with all the students there using the same computer room. Everyone one of them was busying with their own preparation of lectures, just like me before the semester break. They printed notes, and I notice that there are printers beside some computers to let them to do printing; it was quite different compared to USM which has DAMN cold air-conditioner and with 2 printers that doesn’t need to insert coins. By the way, it’s a bit worrying that we need a matriculation card to scan to get out from the computer lab. Ming Foong was finished with her e-mail checking and she came to me, but I was busying with my 1st Day half blogging! LoL… So you guys now know that when and where did I actually blog.

After that, we took a number 2 bus from the bus stop (as shown by the direction given by Huai-Yu and Chen-Chi, thanks so much!) in the campus to depart to the Hsinchu town area. Haha! I was quite uneasy as it was long long time ago that I took a public bus to go to a place. Moreover, I had to adapt to the $15 for a bus ride is not expensive enough! Haha… And I had to take care of the coins… $50 is RM5! I really scared of spending the wrong coins. Luckily, Ming Foong was there with me and she lent me her $5 for the bus fare.

I was quite ready with my camera as I knew there will be very typical Taiwanese building appearing. By the way, it took both of us to laugh in the bus as along the 28 minutes bus ride from the campus to the town; we saw plenty of advertisements with poles along the roadside showing 李奇英文. I was so surprised and thinking whether is this the reason that Chen-Chi being called in that way? 李振奇—>李奇Hahaha… Really “Laugh Die Me” …

And after we went to the town, the view in the town with colourful signboard met my expectation. It reminded me again that I actually in Taiwan at the moment. The big clock tower showing the current time, the big junction with zebra-crossing at each side, shops that are “tall and slim” attracted my eye balls. Oops, I really didn’t get used to the all traditional Chinese characters signboards yet, especially those colourful ones.

We walked into a Pearl Milk Tea shop called Coco to buy my favourite Pearl Milk Tea. I wonder did I make the wrong order as the milk tea I got finally was the one without the pearls. Haha… Oh ya, I think this is also the shop that Chen-Chi bought us 百香果 drink (I forgot the exact name, it was 4 characters, hehe) last night when we first met in Taiwan. We then went into the SOGO at the part of the town. It was 12-13 storeys, I can’t remember. Then we spent our time there in the 誠品bookshop to read for 1 hour. Haha, crazy right? But from that moment, Ming Foong and I, we found the similarity between us! We like to read, and one of the aims of coming to Taiwan is to buy books! LoL…

Then we walked along the street and we saw a shop selling CDs. Hmm… we didn’t get to know that it was the shop that actually selling all kinds of things, CDs, stationeries, toiletries, presents and etc. It has 5 floors if I’m not mistaken. The shop is called 光南大批發. Haha! It is the shop that Chen-Chi used to buy the CDs to bring to Malaysia for Christine and me. Then I think the prices of the goods there should be reasonable enough. Of course, I bought a book written by 戴晨志. I like his books and it is RM7-8 cheaper here compared to Malaysia.

After some walking, I started to feel hungry as the Pearl Milk Tea had all been digested. However, I only had my lunch at around 3 or 4 pm. So, you can imagine how full it was to drink the Pearl Milk Tea and again, I can’t finish it all. =.=

Ming Foong and I went into a shop (it seems selling local food, hehe), and I ate 魯肉飯. Actually I wasn’t sure that was it 滷肉飯 or 魯肉飯, hehe… But who cares, I just ate and it costs $30. I don’t know why, perhaps it’s due to my nervousness of start working tomorrow or the big portion of the food, I just can’t finish it all too. By the way, luckily I have Ming Foong all the way long to be with me.

It’s been 3-4 hours walking in the town. Both of us were so CLEVER enough to carry all the way long with our laptops. It made us felt tired!! We made a decision à Go back to the campus online to make the efforts of carrying the laptops worthy.

Again, when we sat at the bench at the bus stop, we see again 李奇英文,李奇英文,李奇英文! LoL, I have nothing to say but just taking photos and laughing.

Then we went back to the campus by bus 2. =D

At the moment we’re walking into the dining hall for Internet access, we’re so tired. Luckily Ming Foong bought me an isotonic drink,舒跑. It was so nice of her still remember that I don’t like cold drinks.

I got energized up with the isotonic drink. Yay… I think it’s all the laptop and charger’s fault. So, I immediately online after I record down the expenses in my diary. Hehe… (Yoke Ying, it is to report to you)

Then Che Kai again, haha… He greeted me in Skype and came to meet us. We chatted a little and 心凱 was there too. Hehe, 心凱 is actually my TN Manager, another tall guy with 187cm!!!

And after that, Che Kai was heading to his working place in the town for his tuition and I went to Mr. Song’s house with Ming Foong.

It was so nice that I got to know Mrs. Song finally. She is very friendly and in fact Mr. Song is a lame joker with the presence of a cute 11 year old girl from the next door. The cute girl from the next door liked to chat with us very much. She gave us a lot of presents even if her parents didn’t like her to leave the house to visit us. She has a sister who is 17 year old. We greeted and it was so warm to meet the small cute girl. Even though I was tired of walking the whole day, I still kept myself awake so that I could actually talk to her as I know that I will be heading to the primary school (they call it elementary school here) tomorrow for the internship. We played with her treasures – shoes(it’s high heeled!), camera and some stories from Malaysia.

There is another person that I must mention, Mrs. Song. I think she must be very pretty when the time she was young. She told us the affairs that she had last time with a handsome man from Malaysia 30 years ago! Mr. Song became funny with his lame jokes (Hey, KC you have a competitor now! XD). I think it’s due to the presence of Mrs. Song as the night before he was quite shy and the sense was so awkward that Ming Foong and I kept saying thank you when he took us a bottle of detergent.

A good sleep tonight…

-Stay tuned for Day 3-

No comments:

Post a Comment