Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 12 – 8th Day in the school

I took a bus to 水汴頭 again. Fortunately I could make it for the bus and arrived at 7:21am. While I was walking to the school, 雅琪, the first grade teacher picked me up at the bridge there. It is a very beautiful bridge. I took some photos yesterday. Hehe…

It was the school weekly assembly from 0800 to 0835. Every teacher and staff must be in the assembly site while the 6th Grade students play the musical instruments for the marching part and the flag raising ceremony. After the assembly, the 6th grade teacher (美週) and 鐘主任 met me to discuss about the way to teach the children.

After that, I was confused that who I shall listen to. Shall I use any Mandarin to teach English? As the 6th Grade teacher told me to use Mandarin during the teaching. However, the principal told me to speak 100% English. I understand the pros and cons of the two methods above, but I am really confused. Luckily Judy told me not to be worried about that, as I just speak 100% English for other classes, and just an exceptional case for 6th Grade. I understand there are reasons behind to speak only English in the class. So, I think I can find the balance point to speak how many percentages of English in the class. It all depends on the understanding level of the students.

1120 – 1155am Brief introduction of Malaysia geography & Pronunciation Correction

1200 – 1230pm Lunch

1230 – 1300pm Photos snapshot session around the school compound

1320 – 1350pm Story-telling session by volunteers, 6 grades divided into 3 classes

唐朝小栗子故事、買智慧

1450 – 1525pm 6th Grade students practice graduation performance

(Sister Act: “I will follow Him)

1600pm Back with 錦芳 to her house for dinner and buy toufu fah.

In Teacher錦芳’s house, we were there for chit-chatting. I received several calls from UK which regarding to the VISA application of Youth Alive Project EP. This is quite worrying as for the technical part of Incoming Exchange.

Then, we had a little chatting with her father-in-law. Once again, surprise for him, we knew several languages and later we talked about some cultural sharing too. After that, three of us together with the teacher and her daughter and son, went to the Dong An Elementary School(The school Medha and Huikey went to) for the playground. We met with a lot little kids! They are all from Dong An. There was a cute kid! He answered me his name immediately while I was walking towards his back asking him “Didi (弟弟), what’s your name?” Cutie!!!!

We met the teacher’s dog called Liang Liang. She was so energetic all the time.

After dinner, we went out for a walk again because we were too full. =D

We met a few more kids. Let me introduce them one by one. The one who can go hunting with his father and did a super cool pose in front of the camera is Harry. What is funny is that he can’t pronounce his own name perfectly even I tried for a few times. Another kid who is quite shy called Xiu Kai. He is so shy and always forgot what he was trying to tell us. Haha… It’s so fun to meet them in the neighbourhood. As in Malaysia, the kids cycling around and running around. This is so called a kid’s life should be. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment