Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 17 – 11th Day in the school (24 May 2011)

Today is the first day I ride the bicycle to the school after the approximately 15 minutes bus ride.

I thought today I am going to present the Malaysian culture to the whole school. I was going according to the schedule on the first day I arrived. Who knows there is another function to be held today. So, my class was cancelled. I talked to Director Chung, she said Tuesday is fully booked until next week and I can only have one whole school cultural class, which is the week after next week. I can see that they are all busy with their own administration. So, I understand their situation. The students here are exposed to many functions. The Grade 5 students prepared a short sketch for the whole school. It was meaningful enough as it resembles a cup of water to varieties of students’ characters. There was also a practice of Hakka recital by a Grade 4 girl. I can’t understand a full sentence though. Haha… I was amazed that they even have their own dialect recital competition. The girl’s bravery surprised me too! She is just 10 years old and she’s brave enough to step up the stage to recite.

1030 – 1110 Grade 4 (Animals, Adjectives and some vocabularies)

12pm Lunch

0100pm Walk around the school compound and took photos.

The nurse was busying with her own work. I can’t see she is sitting there doing nothing. She must be with her power point slides and her paperwork. This time she had to assemble those students with decayed teeth to tell them the importance and proper ways to take care of their teeth. She has to include all these in her report, together with photos.

This makes me think of the ways Malaysians doing work are rather different.

After that, the whole afternoon is my private time. I gave it to facebook, AIESEC and friends. Haha…

The time I was trying to go back with the bicycle, I realized that may be because of the way I lock the bicycle lock is improper; I can’t unlock the lock now! However, I say I’m always lucky as Jinfang is inviting three of us to her house to have dinner and I just have to ride on her scooter to go grab the needed ingredients to prepare the food. We prepare Tomyam soup, which is the first time Tomyam soup I had ever made by raw ingredients. Luckily the taste wasn’t bad though.

And I fried a plate of water spinach with Belacan. Now only I know that Belacan is actually 蝦膏that we used to called in Hokkien or Mandarin. OMG…

A very fulfilling day, as to be fulfilled by the delicious food in the teacher’s house. Hmm….

No comments:

Post a Comment