Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 18 – 12th Day in the school (25 May 2011)

The nurse picked me up at the roadside while I was walking to the school after going off from the bus. Again, how lucky. Haha!

0800 – 0835 Grade 3 & 4 English class

0930 – 1010 Grade 2 (with Judy)

Sentence practicing: Give me _(number) _of fruits___, please.

Some of the students are too shy to speak English. However, it’s okay as I think time shall solve all fears for them. I was one of them at the age like this too.

1030 – 1110 Grade 3 (with Judy)

1120 – 1155 Grade 6

Song Pratising “ I will follow Him”. The effect wasn’t good enough as the students playing the main characters in the songs weren’t into the role. I asked them the reason, They said it is not a suitable song to be acting like this in front of the community on the Graduation Day. However, I really hope that they could learn some English from the song as some of them seem like they weren’t sure of what they wish to be and want to be in the future yet.

1200 Lunch

1230 Tomyam soup preparing by Jinfang and I for the teachers.

0130 – 0330 Professional conversation between the teachers.

The objective is to raise the awareness of the importance of studying among the students as some of the students don’t pay attention or pass up homework. However, sometimes there are exceptional cases that the teachers have to understand the reasons behind of not passing up homework. Sometimes it is due to the economic condition of the family. All in all, the teachers not only take care of the academic part, but also as well as their mental development.

The time I was about to leave the school, I forgot that I didn’t settle the bicycle lock yet, so either I walk back or to ask one of the teacher to offer me a ride. Even though the 會長 offered to help to open to lock but it was not working. That means I couldn’t lock it in the public. So, I thought of to ride it to the bus stop and ask the restaurant (水汴頭鄉土餐廳) owner to keep the bicycle for me overnight.

The conversation started as I chatted with the owner of the restaurant, till I missed the bus. Haha… I have to wait for another bus, which costs me 30 minutes to stand at the bus stop there.

5pm, at the convent. After the dinner, 3 of us, yes three of us again as there are only 3 trainees staying in the place. We went to walk around the neighbourhood in the town. We took around 2 hours to walk into the school and river side. The view and wind were both pretty cool. Haha…

0800 – 0900 Again, with Medha, watching Korean drama.

-Sleep-

No comments:

Post a Comment