Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 19 – 13th Day in the school (26 May 2011)

0700 – 0800 Clay board Carving Session

Of course it was only me who was so free to do this, partly also because of the “order” of the l director Chung.
I have made up my mind yesterday that I will carve something different from the teachers and students here as most of them drew flowers, butterflies, animations and etc. I decided to carve AIESEC on the top and a map which covers Malaysia and Taiwan. It came out with the result that satisfies me. Thank God. I had spent hours to finish the thing. It will be sent to a company to finish the remaining process like some sort of adding small glass pieces and dyes on top of it. I am really looking forward the time to see one of the walls in the school is full with all these boards.

1010 – 1030 Grade 6 (Alone)

1st time Graduation Speech Practice

Even though some of the students not really into it, but the girls are all paying attention and are willing to learn. For boys, some of them I can see that they are all willing to learn too, but just may be they just can’t sit quietly to read something. Anyway, that’s not a big deal, as human won’t be 100% awake in the condition, the same as me too.

1120 – 1155 Grade 1 (hosting the class with the presence of YaQi)

YaQi, the Grade 1 Home Teacher. I can see she likes my style of teaching and this gives me confidence to teach. This is the 2nd time I teach Grade 1 on my own, without Judy. Same as the first time, YaQi told me that she likes my teaching very much and the way I used at least can make the students to keep awake and to remember at least one or two vocabs.

Method: I distributed the flashcards of the vocabs that day to the students and asked them to memorize their own words in a limited time. After that, they are asked to write their own words on the blackboard and pronounce the words loudly in front of the students.

Vocabs: brother, sister, father, mother, cheese, yo-yo, jam (There are only 6 Grade 1 students. Oops…)

1200 – 1230 Lunch time

1310 – 1350 Grade 6 (with the presence of MeiZhou and Judy)

This time the class was so organized that they read accordingly to the paragraph. The most important thing is they read louder. This is the power of the Home Teacher. Luckily she is here, I wouldn’t know how is the progress if she wasn’t there. The Home Teacher sat at the back and learn to pronounce the words in the speech with the students too. Bravo right??!!

1450 – 1525 Grade 5

Cultural class for the kids. I explain to them in Mandarin about the geography of Malaysia, where Malaysia is located and how far is it from Taiwan. The direction (North, South, East, West, northwest, southeast, etc…)the location of airports, the differences between Malaysian and Taiwanese mindset. It was may be due to the presence of their Home Teacher, ShuMei, the class atmosphere was so great! =D I like the class. They could learn new vocabs by writing down the vocabs such as national, international airport on their papers.

0410 – 0430 Back from the school to convent at GuanXi, on JinFang’s scooter.

0500 – 0830

Dinner time! 3 of us, invited by Dong An Elementary School teachers to have Italian buffet at a restaurant in LongTan in TaoYuan county. There are all together 9 of us, Medha, Huikey and I together with the 2 teachers named Lisa, Beryl and a nurse. Beryl has 2 kids, YuJun and Peter.

And the nurse has a very cute son too. Her son, Mayson can speak good English too.

Lisa was quite crazy that night. They kept asking the English sentences and phrases and applied it immediately to the waiter there. This made the waiter felt awkward. By the way, the way she learnt English is really fun. I am sure that the children with her will definitely have fun! =D

After the fun English speaking dinner, we were drove by the nurse back to the convent, the home of us. Korean drama time! I saw Medha was watching the drama hosted by my favorite actress, that’s why I watched with her for 2 hours! =D It’s so fun that I have a accompany to watch drama together and at the moment. That’s why I say I am lucky.

10:30pm Sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment