Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 23 (Day 15 in the school)

From convent to ShuiBianTou. Ya Qi again, who picked me up as soon as I went off from the bus.

0800 – 0835 Grade 1 & 2 English

It’s pretty hard for me to handle this situation alone. When the kids don’t know you could speak Mandarin and you have to act it out and there is no teacher beside you to translate it. By the way, I take it as a challenge and also for the kids too. They will have to face it someday people who don’t know Mandarin and this is the right time for them to learn. But luckily, they can guess the meaning of the words very fast and correctly by the assistance of the pictures. I observed something which is quite interesting too. Whenever there is existence of the home teachers in their classes respectively, everyone in the class would follow the instructions without any hesitation. That’s why home teachers are always the best teachers, regardless of the boundaries.

0840 – 0920 Grade 1 (with Judy)

Workbook 30 minutes and some revision of the vocabs. I can’t help with those cute Grade 1 babies.

1030 – 1110 Grade 5 (with Judy)

Flash cards + Game (Guess Guess Guess)

This game helps the students to pronounce the words. If they are willing to try, they will be able to improve in their pronunciation.

1120 – 1200 Grade 2

Drinks: apple juice, water, hot chocolate, iced tea, milk, milk tea.

They can drink the real drinks if they are able to pronounce the name of the drinks. Isn’t it cool?

12pm Lunch

I got the graduation photo today. The one took with Grade 6 in the first week I came. Now, everyone in the school knows my Chinese name and they kept chasing after me to ask “is it your name, teacher?” It is because everyone’s name is stated right behind the graduation photo.

Today is still a tiring day as I was totally overloaded of the weekend events, but worth though.

I went back with Jinfang at 5pm as I need Internet connection for everything.

I slept very early today too, 9pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment