Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 24 (Day 16 in the school)

See how lucky I am. I was picked by Director Chung at the roadside too.

0800 – 0835

A pretty CID together with the director from the branched police station in Xinpu town came to our school to give a talk on the violence crimes, including some sexual and oral harrasment. The students here are lucky as they are exposed to this knowledge formally.

Time flies. I can’t imagine that I’ve been here for that long period already. One week passes after one week.

1030 – 1110 Grade 4

Flashcards + Game (Guess Guess Guess) 6 vocabs

I love teaching the children especially those who are willing and able to do it but don’t know how to. There are 2 girls sitting at the back there. I know they are not really good in English pronunciation, but I am pretty sure they want to do it, with the textbook open. I pronounced 2 times the 6 words and asked them to repeat after me. They are willing to try after that and most important thing is one of the girl looked happier after she managed to try and guess the right answer and got the chance to stand in front of the class to hold the flash cards. Proud of her.

12pm Lunch

Afternoon: Of course some facebooking as well as blogging and replying AIESEC mails. This could take the whole afternoon, trust me!!

1730: We went to JinFang’s house on foot to eat Bak Kut Teh. Guess what? The Herbal Soup Bag is brought by Huikey! =)

We cooked the Bak Kut Teh together and we start to eat dumplings. The Hakka and MinNan dumplings taste slightly different. After all, they are good taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment