Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 8 – Taipei – Hsinchu – Chiao Tung University Campus

We woke up the next day at 9pm and depart at 10pm to Hsinchu. We took around an hour to walk to the terminal bus to take the bus to Hsinchu. We didn’t lost too much as we asked people around whenever we go. Haha… Luckily they are all very friendly.

We managed to catch the bus to Hsinchu at 11am. Again, another one and a half hour to Hsinchu. We reached the junction at Chiao Tung University Campus at around 12:30pm. Then we wait for Ming Foong to unload her luggage as her home is just near by the junction. Then, we walked into the campus 2nd Restaurant to have our dinner. Again, I ordered 炸醬麵 and a cup of 綠豆冰沙. We talked for a while at the restaurant and went into the library for Internet access! =) Unfortunately, Ming Foong was not feeling well after the meal, I think it probably because of the rainy day. It was so cold and finally we got our own seats in the library. Once I opened my facebook, I saw a very surprising news, the news kept me happy for the rest of the day. My brother got his JPA scholarship! He will be going to Canada after a year. I told Medha immediately and she was excited too. I took my time to do my own stuff there such as blogging, working for AIESEC, checking mails and so on.

Actually I called up Che Kai for the relocation of Lokesh and Michael as they don’t have their own cell phone number here and Bill for the information of Huikey as she’s arriving today. She is my junior in USM, taking the same course as mine. I saw Jerry, Bill and Huikey in the library at 5pm. Jerry is an AIESECer in CTLC too, he went to an exchange in India. Of course, we took a few photos as well.

After that, we went to the 1st Restaurant to meet up with Che Kai and his teammates. Since they weren’t sure when will they reach the campus from their transition camp, and then we just move to a place that we think it’s suitable. Ming Foong came to meet us and we went there together. Definitely, she felt more comfortable after a nap.

We went to the Seven Eleven in the restaurant to buy our dinner. It’s so fun to buy the food available there as we wouldn’t have so many choices over in our countries, as told by Medha too.

After the dinner, I was lead by Che Kai to the city centre in Hsinchu to take a bus to Kuanhsi Township, whereby both the places I stay and the elementary school located. It took me again NTD 77 to Kuanhsi. It’s worthwhile as I can chat a lot with Che Kai. He went to borrow scooter from his friend. It took us some time to search for the scooter at the multi-level car park as well. Don’t be surprised when you see a lot of scooters are on the roads. It’s very common in the city centre. By the way, since we chatted a lot, Che Kai has now become my sister! Haha… Sometimes he sounds like my dad, but he doesn’t really fit into it as he is 2 years younger than me. That’s why.

I reached the Kuanhsi terminal bus at around 10:25pm and the convent at 10:30pm, after 5 minutes walking on the street in the cold rainy weather. So, the journey from Hsinchu to the KuanHsi was around 50-55 minutes, as told by the driver before we departed.

No comments:

Post a Comment