Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 9 – 5th Day in the school

It was a rainy day too. I heard from Coco on Saturday that it was manmade rain since Taiwan has dry weather for many months and I could see it from the news that everyone is practicing to save the water in their daily lives.

I was so tired that I couldn’t wake up in this morning. I missed the bus at 7:05am and waited for 20 minutes for the next bus, it only came at 7:40am. It was late to be in the school as the teachers in the school were having a general meeting and Brandon can only come to pick me up at the bus stop after the meeting. I got to the school at 8:30am. It is late and rainy day.

0830 – 0920 1st Grade Correct the pronunciation of vocabulary

It was so cute of them that the 7 years old students of them are learners. They can pick up the pronunciation very fast. Just that I am worried about a few students in the centre. There are 3 boys who can’t really follow what I was trying to teach.

0930 – 1000 A volunteer came to the school to teach English

Although the volunteer can’t pronounce the accurate pronunciation sometimes, she was really good in making the atmosphere in the hall becoming warm enough to let the students to make their own try. I think it’s because she spoke bilingually. She presented her story together with flash cards and pictures drawn on her own on a blackboard. I can remember that the story is about the life cycle of a butterfly 蝴蝶生態.

1030 – 1110 5th Grade Sang a song “The more we sing together”

We sang a song named “The more we sing together, together, together.” We actually made a circle to sing that song after a few times practising. Then we did some dialogues on the text book. They enjoy the participation!

After the lunch, basically what I did for the whole afternoon is just online-ing, talking to 2 teachers and preparing for the coming day presentation to the whole CTLC. I showed the teachers the national anthem, Jalur Gemilang, Tanggal 31, the USM anthem… Haha… I did a lot of downloading from the youtube in the school. I must be grateful enough as I have Internet access in the school as it really helps a lot!

After that, 錦芳 sent me to the convent, the place I stay in Kuanhsi. Again, I save the money for transportation since I don’t know whether I could claim it back from the LC.

I didn’t take away the lunch from the school for my dinner I knew Medha and HuiKey will be back and I wanted to have dinner together with them. =D

They were there when I got home at 4:30pm. I didn’t update my diary as I was busy exploring the town with both of them. We went to a shop(鍋貼專賣店) just in front of the convent for dinner. I ate a bowl of 炸醬麵 and shared a bowl fish ball soup with them. The 炸醬麵 tasted so good and it costs ne NTD 55, NTD 30 for a bowl of fish ball soup (so NTD 10 per person). Then, we headed to the 7-Eleven to buy some desserts! Yay… We bought sushi (NTD 39) as we were craving for it since the time Kar May gave us a try on hers one when we’re in the bus to Taipei. Oops, it’s not allowed to eat or drink in any public transportation in Taiwan. So, please don’t tell others that we did it. Haha… I bought also a bottle of chocolate flavoured Milk Tea (NTD 25). It wasn’t taste as nice as I imagined. Then, we went to the Internet Café that I used to go last week; however it smelled bad as the people were smoking inside. This time, it was much stronger smell than the previous two times. We didn’t manage to get into the counter for further information as we came out from the door as soon as we get into. Then, we had no choice but have to go back to the convent. It is raining by the way. I hate raining… especially when you’re walking on the street. It’s so cold. We passed by a bakery shop, again we threw some money on the buns. I spent NT 63 for a few buns and puff.

The sisters weren’t back yet as they went to Taipei for meeting. So, we had to wait somewhere around the convent. We went back to the restaurant. One thing I must mention is Taiwanese are so friendly, they allowed us to eat the buns we bought from outside and chatted there.

At 7pm, the sisters are back and we went back for showers and we did some roll calls and AIESEC dance in the room. Haha… That was so fun! Sister Theresa (張修女) knocked our door at around 8pm, she was wondering whether we were having party. We told her that we’re making preparation for the LC gathering. She seemed quite satisfied with our answer, and we introduce Huikey to her since this is her first day here. For Internet access issue, she showed her understanding to us, just that we will have to pay for the Internet access there. However, it’s okay for us since we don’t have to be in the smoking area for Internet access.

Medha went for her sleep at 9:30pm and I had mine at 10:30pm after making some discussions with Huikey regarding the preparation of slides in the LC gathering tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment