Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 41 (Day 28 in the school) End of Internship Friday 17 June 2011

Today is a rather lucky day that I had been through. I got a lottery from the bird. Don’t ask me the name of the bird, I wouldn’t know the name as I was actually waiting for the bus to go the school. It is also the second time that I cycle to the school. This plan is great as the bicycle wouldn’t stocked at the restaurant any more. Finished the first task before I leave. =)

By the way, today is a big day, which is the grade 6 graduation ceremony and mine too. I had already got a prize early in the morning. =.=

In the morning, I wouldn’t have any classes as it would be the graduation ceremony. It is kind of satisfaction that I gain throughout the internship and I could finally feel that when I was sitting there to listen and to capture their photos in delivering the graduation speech. From the day started teaching them the pronunciations and meanings of each word, until today’s performance; I have no doubt that Taiwanese students can make it perfectly if they wish to.

By the way, I was given an opportunity to give a speech on that day during the closing ceremony. The local community there threw me surprised glances as I am able to speak Mandarin. I greeted them with Hakka greeting and finished the speech with the Malay “thank you” à Terima kasih. I received the first bouquet of sunflowers in my first life time and 3 cute eco-cups as present. This is something touches me that they gave me the same treat as the other teachers had. The home teachers, no doubt they did a greater job than me!

Lunch: Got to interact with the parents. The dishes are typical Hakka dishes.

1310 – 1350 Grade 4 (with Judy)

Judy and I let them think about the question, “What is your dream?” It was inspired by Che Kai, the team leader of the project, Bridging the Gap. Here I define it as “Dream Project”. The story sounds like this, there are Grade 6 students in a school from Taoyuan county wrote letters to celebrities like Bill Gates and J.K. Rowling. It was surprised that the students got replied letters from the celebrities. This project is passed to Teacher Judy to follow up, and there is no due date for the project. How cool was it?! =D

1400 – 1440 Grade 3 Rainforest Introduction (Rafflesia and orang utan) & January – December

It is a cute class which is also one of my favourite class, they wrote and gave me so many presents and letters. How cute they are. The most important thing is they are willing to learn to learn new things. Most of them start writing the vocabularies once I write it on the blackboard. Great attitude, right?

1450 – 1525 Grade 5 Rainforest introduction (Rafflesia and orang utan), Feedback form and Dream Project ON GOING.

This is the class that I like the most. One of the celebrity that they wish to wrote to is Obama, the president of USA. All the best, Grade 5!

0700 Depart to the trainee house for the farewell party! It was fun that Ming Foong didn’t know that four of us will be attending the party and it was purposely done to give her a surprise~! We showed her the video we made last night too. It is a success that we managed to give her a surprise before she leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment