Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 42 Lavender cottage in JianShi尖石 Saturday 18 June 2011


This weekend is first weekend that we spend in GuanXi. We came back from the trainee house at around 8am. Luckily there was sister in the convent to open the door for us. We reached the convent and had our private time to do our own stuffs. I made myself slept even though it’s so bright outside there. It was 10:30am, the whole family of the teacher from Huikey and Medha’s elementary school came to pick us up. I wasn’t sure how long it took but I know we went to Nei Wan. That’s the place we went for a walk along the street. The street was full of all kinds of Taiwanese food and souvenirs. We went into a souvenir shop. I bought a lot of key chains there. They are all cute dolls which represent the Chinese traditional gods.

After that we went to have our lunch. It was 7 dishes plus a soup. They successfully made us full!

It was all Hakka dishes.

Next station: The final destination of the day à Lavender cottage

This is one of the main reasons I came to Taiwan. I wanted to experience the scenery that I can only see via the drama. It was totally an unforgettable one as it is well furnished and even though we couldn’t have a look at the lavender but we took a look at the “summer lavender”.

We had a tour guide called Popcorn. She was very cute; she brought us around the garden and introduce us the attraction points of the garden. We went to souvenir shop (where you can have your most desired cute DIY souvenirs and postcards), wishing tree, Tree Dancing Platform and café. We had our tea break there together with the teacher’s 3 daughters.

We went back after the wonderful tea break together with the 3 beautiful daughters. Then, we went for a dinner around the area in GuanXi township. We went into a 刀削麵shop. This is the shop that we used to pass by, finally we have the chance to eat there now.

Bought a skinny umbrella in the supermarket. XD

After dinner, time to pack my luggage to move to cousin sister’s house, it was 8pm. I took the luggage on my own. Huhu… How challenging is that?! I wonder would I do it in Malaysia so naturally, walking on the street with 2 luggages.

This is the day I moved to my cousin sister’s house. Together with her husband, it’s the first time I meet him. He had never been to Malaysia before. He is friendly; I don’t feel awkward to be with them, although I thought it would be before I came to Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment